A MASKED burglar raided the Beckhams’ £40million house while they were at home.
David, 46, Victoria, 47, and daughter Harper, ten, were unaware as the thief broke into an upstairs bedroom in Holland Park, West London.
The burglary at the Beckham family’s London mansion was discovered by shocked son Cruz when he returned with pals after a night out.
He spotted a spare bedroom had been ransacked while his parents were in the house, with glass from the broken window lying on the floor.
The 17-year-old alerted dad David who rang 999 while he and Cruz searched the £40million home. Victoria is thought to have remained with daughter Harper, ten.
The masked raider had gone, along with thousands of pounds of designer and electric goods.
It is not known if he had been disturbed, but it is believed he might have been in a gang which targeted at least two other nearby houses on the same night.
Former England skipper David, 46, and fashion designer Victoria, 47, are said to have been “shaken up” by the “invasion” of their home in Holland Park, West London.
The couple have been plagued by stalkers and kidnap threats in the past. A source said: “Sadly the Beckhams were the victims of some fairly professional thieves who have been operating in the area.
“Fortunately the criminals only made it as far as one bedroom before they ran off.”
The source added: “The security at the house is very good, both physically and technically.
“The thieves had broken through a window and darted straight back out of the same one with a small number of items. Luckily none had a huge amount of sentimental value to the family.”
The insider added: “Most of the residents nearby have had to make security a significant part of their day-to-day life.”
Cruz returned home just after midnight. It is understood CCTV is being analysed by cops.
One source said: “The footage is said to show the intruder clambering over the gate at the front of the house.
“He then shimmied up the house and broke in through the window of a spare bedroom.
“Cruz discovered the break-in when he arrived home in the early hours with some friends.
“He immediately ran to wake his dad and David carried out a search of the house in case the burglar was still inside the premises.” The source added: “The family were clearly shaken up by what happened. It was very upsetting for them to find out the burglar had broken into the house while they were at home.”
David, Victoria and their two younger children spend most of their time at the seven-bedroom West London house, which the couple bought for £31million in 2013.
They spent an estimated £8million altering the house to their requirements and enlisted the skills of renowned interior designer Rose Uniacke. The house contains two dressing rooms and a catwalk-style runway and boasts a playroom, gym, spa area, salon-style room and underground car park.
The couple also have a £6million Cotswolds estate, which is now patrolled by a security guard after two break-ins.
In addition, they own property in Dubai and have a stunning apartment in Miami, where son Romeo, 19, plays professional football.
Eldest son Brooklyn, 23, is due to wed billionaire’s daughter Nicola Peltz on April 9 in the US.
The Beckhams are said to have ordered a review of the London mansion’s security in the wake of the burglary. A forensic examination was carried out the day after the break-in on February 28.
One neighbouring property that was also broken into was empty.
Another in the street was targeted too, but the burglar was unable to get in.
Last night the Metropolitan Police confirmed they are investigating and said it was unclear whether the bandit was operating alone or had accomplices.
A Met spokesman said: “Police were called at 00.37 hours on Tuesday, March 1 to reports of a burglary at a residential address in the W11 area of Kensington.
“The burglary is believed to have taken place between 20.30 and 23.30 on Monday, February 28.
“A number of items were reported stolen. No arrests have been made. Inquiries continue.”
The Met said of the neighbouring crimes: “Inquiries are ongoing. Police believe entry was forced to a neighbouring property, and an attempt made to access another.
‘’Nothing is believed to have been stolen from the first address.’’ The Beckhams’ break-in comes as a woman awaits trial charged with stalking David since 2016.
She has allegedly turned up to the Holland Park address and Harper’s school.
She is due to stand trial at Westminster magistrates’ court in July but sources stressed the case is unconnected to the break-in.
David and Victoria — who have an estimated joint worth of £760million — have regularly shown off their London home on social media.