top of page

Attempted Mid-Wilshire Burglaries End After Homeowner Confronts Suspects

  • 22 minutes ago
  • 2 min read
Two masked figures in black clothing on a garden path, caught by surveillance. Text: "WOULD-BE BURGLARS SCARED OFF BY RESIDENTS." Weather info displayed.

Residents in Los Angeles’ Mid-Wilshire neighborhood experienced another unsettling reminder of the growing concerns surrounding residential crime after a group of masked suspects attempted to break into two occupied homes overnight before being scared away.


According to reports, the incident unfolded shortly after midnight on Saturday in the 800 block of Mullen Avenue. Video captured at the scene showed multiple suspects dressed entirely in black moving between neighboring properties. Witnesses described the group as organized and deliberate in their actions as they attempted to target homes where residents were still inside.


Homeowner Peje Kharrazi said he encountered as many as five individuals attempting to break into both his residence and a neighboring home. The suspects reportedly wore dark hoodies, masks, and gloves, creating an appearance that suggested preparation and coordination.


Kharrazi described the group as unusually bold during the attempted break-ins.


“They seemed like they were pretty professional because they were dressed in all black — hoodies, masks, gloves,” he said. “They were pretty brazen…even when I yelled out, it seemed as if they were just continuing what they were doing.”


Despite the homeowner’s attempts to confront them, the suspects initially appeared unfazed. However, their actions changed quickly when the sounds of a rapidly responding police air unit approached the area.


According to the Los Angeles Police Department, the initial call came after a homeowner observed individuals wearing masks and gloves moving between properties. Officers later confirmed there were no signs that either residence had been breached.


Investigators believe the suspects were likely frightened off by a combination of the homeowner’s shouts and the quick arrival of law enforcement resources overhead. By the time officers reached the neighborhood, the group had already fled.


No arrests had been made as of Saturday morning.


For Kharrazi, the incident represented more than an isolated event. He noted that his own home has reportedly been targeted three times over the last four years and expressed frustration with what he sees as a broader pattern of residential burglaries affecting various parts of Los Angeles.


In recent years, communities across the city — including areas of the San Fernando Valley and Westside neighborhoods — have seen residents voice increasing concerns over organized burglary crews and repeat targeting of residential areas.


Cases like this one continue to leave homeowners shaken not only because of property concerns, but because of the reality that suspects are increasingly willing to approach occupied homes. In this instance, residents were inside both properties during the attempted burglaries, adding another layer of concern for families and neighbors already feeling uneasy about crime trends in their communities.


While no one was physically harmed and the suspects left empty-handed, the incident serves as another example of how quickly a quiet residential street can become the scene of a tense overnight encounter. As investigators continue searching for those involved, residents remain on alert and hopeful for answers.


Source: KTLA

 
 
 

Comments


bottom of page